348 US 9W, Palisades, NY 10964, United States.
When you use our services, you’re trusting us with your information. We understand this is a big responsibility and work hard to protect your information and put you in control.
Websites Covered By This Policy
VCC’s websites, including callerqueue.com, callerqueue.tv and thevcc.tv and their mobile versions and any successor site(s), regardless of how accessed (collectively, the “VCC Websites“) are operated by The Video Call Center, LLC. (“VCC“), a Delaware corporation, and/or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates, (“VCC Entities“).
How We Collect and Use Personal Information
Personal Information Collected. During your access or use of the VCC Websites, you may be asked to voluntarily provide certain personal information, such as your name, age, email address, location, video chat application handle, telephone number or a photograph. It is always your choice whether to provide this personal information; however, without providing some of the requested information, certain features will not be accessible, and you may not be able to participate in programs through the VCC Websites. For example, providing an email address or a chat handle may be a prerequisite to joining a television program.
We collect information about your activity in our services, which we use to do things like increase your priority to appear on a television program, or to certify to our customers that you have agreed to their terms and conditions for appearing on the air.
How We Use Personal Information. We may use your personal information:
• to contact and correspond and video chat with you,
• to provide services and/or information about services,
• to respond to your inquiries,
• to facilitate and enhance your use of the VCC Websites,
• to alert you to our services and those of our affiliates for marketing purposes or otherwise (you can always unsubscribe via a link in the email).
• to help maintain and improve our services, to develop new services, to measure performance and to protect our users.
• To comply with legal obligations (including keeping records required by law or to evidence our compliance with laws or to provide information to law enforcement);
For example, if you participate in a program through the VCC Websites, we may use your personal information collected during that program to assist you in connecting to the program.
Additionally, as part of your participation, we may ask you to answer a question related to the program being produced. We will treat such information as personal information when it is associated with other personal information. When such information is not associated with other personal information, this information will be treated as non-personally identifiable information.
Sharing Your Personal Information. As explained above, VCC, the VCC Entities and our customers share your information with each other.
• We may share your personal information with our affiliates, parents and subsidiaries
• We may permit our vendors and subcontractors to access your personal information in connection with performing services for us. Before personal information is disclosed to such a party, we endeavor to require the party to agree to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information. For example, we store data within services provided by our vendor AWS (Amazon Web Services).
• We may use and disclose your personal information: (a) as required by law or legal process; (b) to investigate suspected fraud, harassment or other violations of any law, rule or regulation; (c) to investigate suspected violations of any terms or policies applicable to the VCC Websites or the services provided by us or our third-party providers or affiliates, and (d) if we separately obtained your consent, in other ways that are consistent with that consent.
Data Retention. We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active (as determined by us) and for a reasonable time thereafter. You may request that we deactivate your account at any time by contacting us at privacy@theVCC.tv. We also may retain your personal information for a longer period of time as needed to provide you services or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes and to enforce our agreements. Even if we delete some or all of your personal information, we may continue to retain and use anonymized data previously collected.
How We Collect and Use Non-Personally Identifiable and Aggregated Information
Non-Personally Identifiable Information Collected. Like many other websites and applications, the VCC Websites may automatically collect certain non-personally identifiable information regarding our VCC Websites’s users. Such information may include, without limitation, the Internet Protocol (“IP“) address of your computer, your device ID, the IP address of your Internet service provider, your zip code, the date and time you access the VCC Websites, the Internet address of a referring website, the operating system or device you are using, the sections or pages of the VCC Websites that you visit and the images and content viewed. Some of the ways in which we or the VCC Websites may collect and use non-personally identifiable and aggregated information are further described below.
• Clickstream Data. As you use the Internet, a trail of electronic information is left at each website you visit. This information, sometimes referred to as “clickstream data,” can be collected and stored by a website’s server. For example, clickstream data can tell the type of computer and browsing software you use and the address of the website from which you linked to the Website. The Website may collect and use clickstream data as a form of aggregate information to anonymously determine how much time visitors spend on each page of our Website, how visitors navigate throughout the Website and how we may tailor our Website to better meet the needs of visitors. This information often will be used to improve our Website and our services. Any collection or use of clickstream data will be anonymous and aggregated, and will not intentionally contain any personal information.
• Interest-Based Advertising. We may engage third-party vendors to use non-personally identifiable information in connection with their own information to deliver targeted advertising to you when you visit our Website or other websites. Cookies, described above, may be used in this process. For example, if you are participating in a show on a particular topic, our vendor may cause an advertisement to appear on other websites you view with information related to that topic. This form of advertising, sometimes called “behavioral advertising,” is based on anonymous information and not on any personal information. As a result, we and our vendor know your interests, but do not know who you are in connection with the delivery of that specific ad. We believe that such advertising is helpful because you will see advertisements that are relevant to your interests. However, if you would like to opt-out of these interest-based advertisements, please see the Opt-Out Process/Options and Additional Terms section below.
How We Use Non-Personally Identifiable Information. Your non-personally identifiable information can be used by us for any lawful purpose and may be shared with any number of third parties. Such information may be permanently archived for future use. Some examples of how we may use non- personal information are for system administration purposes, analytics and to improve the VCC Websites. Other examples of how we may use such information are provided above, such as interest- based advertising. We also may use general location data, preferences or other information received from the VCC Websites, including through your mobile device, to send you tailored marketing messages. Additionally, we may use non-personally identifiable information to engage in interactive, real-time discussions with users, which we or the users may initiate.
What Choices Do You Have?
You have the right to access, correct or delete your personal data. We strive to offer you with choices about how information is used and shared. There are several ways in which you may opt out of the various programs and services we provide. Some of the ways in which you may opt out are described below.
Managing, reviewing, and updating your information. When you’re signed in, you can always review and update information by visiting the “Update Your Information” page. For example, your name, chat applications and phone number can be altered or deleted.
Opt-Out Process/Options. There are several ways in which you may opt-out of the various programs and services we provide. Some of the ways in which you may opt out are described below. Please note that we may continue to send you transactional and/or service-related emails regarding your account even after you opt-out of receiving other emails.
• Opting Out of Our Services. If you receive an email from the Video Call Center, you may (i) unsubscribe from all future unsolicited emails from the Video Call Center through a link, typically at the bottom of the email, or (ii) use our preference center in your account settings to opt-out of receiving certain types of communications from us while continuing to receive other types of communications. In addition, you may request that we delete your personal information by emailing your request to privacy@theVCC.tv and we will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt, subject to our rights under the Data Retention section above and applicable law.
How Can You Access Your Personal Information?
You may request access to your personal information by contacting privacy@theVCC.tv or going to your account settings in our website. Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information, entitlement to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and the ability to have it amended as is appropriate. You can help us maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any changes to your personal information.
Is Your Personal Information Secure?
When you enter sensitive information, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology. We use reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of the personal information submitted to us both during transmission and after we receive it. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
Can Children Use Our Website?
We are committed to the preservation of online privacy for all of our visitors, including children. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we will not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of that child’s parent or guardian. If you are a child under the age of 13, you are not authorized to use the VCC Websites without consent from your parent or legal guardian. If we become aware that personal information from a child under 13 has been collected without such child’s parent or guardian’s consent, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database. If any parent, guardian or other responsible adult becomes aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at privacy@theVCC.tv.
What about Third-Party Websites and Social Media Services?
Other Notices and Important Information
Data Transfers. We maintain servers in the United States (“USA”). Your information may be processed on servers located outside of the country where you live. Data protection laws vary among countries, with some providing more protection than others. Regardless of where your information is processed, we apply the same protections described in this policy.
EU-US Privacy Shield The United States Department of Commerce and the European Commission have agreed on a set of data protection principles and frequently asked questions to enable U.S. companies to satisfy the requirement under European Union law that adequate protection be given to personal information transferred from the EEA to the United States (the “EU-US Privacy Shield”). As described in our Privacy Shield certification, The Video Call Center, LLC complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States. The Video Call Center, LLC has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles of Notice, Choice, Accountability for Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation, Access, and Recourse, Enforcement and Liability.
Choice. If you would like to access, correct, amend, remove or limit the use or disclosure of any Personal Data about you that has been processed by VCC, please make the selection within the VCC webpage under settings, or notify us at privacy@theVCC.tv so that we may consider and respond to your request in accordance with applicable law. If we have received your Personal Data in the U.S. and subsequently transfer it to a third party agent or service provider for processing, and such third party agent or service provider processes your Personal Data in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, we remain responsible under the Privacy Shield unless we can prove we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Please be aware that VCC may be required to disclose an individual’s personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
When we receive formal written complaints, we respond by contacting the person who made the complaint. We work with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of your data that we cannot resolve with you directly. If you have an inquiry regarding our privacy practices in relation to our Privacy Shield certification, we encourage you to contact us by emailing privacy@theVCC.tv. VCC is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC). You may also refer a complaint to your local data protection authority and we will work with them to resolve your concern. In certain circumstances, the Privacy Shield Framework provides the right to invoke binding arbitration to resolve complaints not resolved by other means, as described in Annex I to the Privacy Shield Principles. VCC has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit https://www.jamsadr.com/file-an-eu-us-privacy-shield-claim for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
If your Privacy Shield complaint cannot be resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See Privacy Shield Annex 1 at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I- introduction
Contact Information. The Video Call Center, LLC, 348 US9W, Palisades NY
Last Updated May 2, 2019